6.03.2011

Memorial Day

This past Memorial Day was a mighty fun one. We went with our fellow newlywed friends Colin and Macon to Prescott, AZ, a lovely cooler-temperature getaway only about an hour's drive from Phoenix. They brought along their adorable new puppy, a 5- month-old South African Boerboel, who will one day grow to be the size of a Mastiff! Lars is convinced that we will be getting one, and after spending the day in the backseat with such a loving and adorable pooch, I wouldn't be opposed to it!

While we were walking around old town in Prescott, we went to an antique shop and I found this lovely little gem:

A Pyrex dish, made in the 1950's with a border of little amish farm children all around, and hot air balloons floating into the sky. I looked it up online, and this design is called "Butterprint". I think I am going to start a collection!

There was so much greenery! We stopped at a little lake and hiked around, and took a few pictures:

I am excited to go up north again and perhaps next time we will rent a kayak! It was a great day spent with friends and their pooch and I wouldnt have it any other way!

Stay tuned for more tales of our adventures, as we leave for Seattle in a few days...

1 comment: